Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lenten Love #15


Practicing the disciplines in Lent is hard work.  It is not supposed to be easy or else we would be doing it all the time.  Hopefully, during Lent, we learn a thing or two, and then carry that into our lives post Easter and beyond.  

For the last few years, I have challenged myself to writing like this everyday.  This does not come naturally to me.  I am not a writer.  I managed to get by in school, never excelling at putting my thoughts on paper. Knowing this, is it any wonder that I hit a ‘dry spell’ in my writing the last few days?  It seems I had about 12 good days in me, then nothing, so much so that I sat in front  a blank screen for a few minutes yesterday.

No words came.  And so I decided to wait until today.  I figured making up for my lack of thoughts yesterday by posting twice today. We’ll see how that goes. But I was drawn back to a passage in Romans 8 that says, “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray (or speak or write or do anything for that matter) as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words (26 NRSV).”

It gives me hope that when the words don’t come at the right time, that God’s Word is always there to pick up the slack.

Have a great Saturday, sorry for the delay, and hopefully you’ll hear back from me later today!

Blessings,
Brad
<><

No comments: