Friday, February 22, 2013

Lenten Love #9



So we have this one flower around our mailbox that refuses to go quietly.  With the warm weather from a few weeks ago, this daffodil believed it was time to pop out and bring a little color to the world.  And in spite of the rain, cold temperatures, and even frost from the last few weeks, it has remained upright and proud.

I find encouragement and hope from this little flower.  It greets me each morning as I leave and it welcomes me home as the sun is setting.  I love its unexpectedness. I love its resiliency.  I love that very soon, come springtime, it will be joined by other daffodils along with all sorts of other flowers and new life.

I’ll be honest, this little flower reminds me that I need to stand up straight and hold onto the promises and hope found in God.  Lord knows I see enough brokenness and darkness around me, in my own life and in the life of others, to easily be led down a path I shouldn’t go.  So even as the dreary days of winter drag on, much like life sometimes, we trust and carry on, knowing that color and life are waiting just below the surface to break forth and bring beauty and love.

Have a great Friday!
Peace,
B
<><

No comments: