Monday, February 18, 2013

Lenten Love #5


“And it's nice to know
When I was left for dead 
I was found and now I don't roam these streets 
I am not the ghost you want of me 

If you're lost and alone 
Or you're sinking like a stone 
Carry on 
May your past be the sound 
Of your feet upon the ground 
Carry on”

"Carry On" by Fun.

I love these words that appear in the song “Carry On” by the band Fun. They seem especially fitting during the season of Lent, the time in which we have a renewed focus on all the ways we fall short from living into what God wants for us as humanity.

If we aren’t careful, we can fall into the trap of letting our shortcomings define who we are.  Instead, God wants to define us.  God wants us to know that we are good and that we are created in the very image of God, made to be a reflection to the rest of the world.  

So when things come our way, decisions that we make or are made by others that affect us negatively, we simply must carry on, believing in and trusting in the grace that God grants us.

So friends, especially on this Monday, may we trust and obey, and ultimately ‘carry on’.
Blessings,
Brad
<><

No comments: