Friday, February 15, 2013

Lenten Love #3


“Trust the Lord and do good; live in the land, and farm faithfulness.” (Psalm 37:2 CEB)

This passage translation just jumped off the page to me the other day when I was reading.  Like many, one of my favorite commercials during the Super Bowl was the Dodge Truck commercial entitled “God made a farmer.”  It really was amazing.

While I know very little about the farm life, I love the idea of ‘farming faithfulness’.  In life, we plant seeds, tend the crops, care for animals, and provide for others.  It really does make a lot of sense if you think about it.  And then Jesus’ own words, “you will know them by their fruit.”  This means that we should be very careful to make sure that we are taking care of the gardens and farms that have been entrusted to our care.

Farming is hard work. Farming is life consuming. And farming is an honorable and noble profession, actually probably the ‘original’ profession.  I hope that as the Lenten season goes along, you may think of yourself as a farmer and with God’s help, may we produce a good crop for God, in whatever form that may be! Blessings and peace this day and every day.

No comments: