Thursday, July 31, 2014

Epic Family Roadtrip

So here's a little recap from the Epic Family Road Trip.

Some crazy numbers from our trip.
Total miles: 4,650
States visited:13
Gas Money: $705.80
Bathroom stops: yeah right, like we could keep count
Days we saw rain: 2

We really did expereince amazing weather and very limited traffic issues.

IHG's favorite experience: The Alamo


GBG's favorite experience: Shootout at Boot Hill 
(she didn't like it, but cannot stop talking about it)


Megan's favorite experience: Bud Jones' Taxidermy (summed up the whole trip)


Brad's favorite experience: Westcliffe Rodeo



Some cool moments: seeing a lightening storm from afar in NW Texas, walking onto the field at Texas Stadium, IHG writing a report of the Alamo on his own, shaved ice in Chattanooga, talking to the sous chef at Franklin's BBQ about Charleston restaurants, campfire at the cabin, driving into Texas and seeing 75mph sign, dinner in Houston at Crawfish and Noodles, visiting Community UMC in Westcliffe, stumbling upon the Black Bison Pub in Syracuse, KS, driving up after my hike on my birthday and being greeted by my wonderful wife and children. They made me a cake:


And then, of course there was this:


What an amazing time. I am so thankful for the time away to be able to spend it with my family. I am truly blessed and loved every part of it, even the tough moments. I don't want to call it a 'once in a lifetime trip' because I hope to have many more like these, but it will be hard to top this one. It will sure be fun trying though.


No comments: