Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I am not a morning person. I don't believe that I ever have been. The sound of the alarm has always brought with it a sense of dread. I know that I shouldn't be that way. I know that everyday is a gift from God and I should be thankful for this is the day that Lord has made, but I can't help it. I was very blessed when I was growing up to have my mother wake me up...not such a bad way to do it. But when I got to college I learned very quickly that I was a little particular about how I like to be woken up. The day I woke up to my freshman roomate's alarm playing Melissa Etheridge's "Come to my window" I knew that I would never leave my waking up to the devices of some unknown DJ. I have pretty much stuck with the buzzing noise on most alarm clocks because it is predictable and does the job. Brad got an alarm clock about a year ago that makes rainforest and ocean sounds, among others. That is not so bad...but it always drives me crazy when I have to wake him up when his alarm is going off.
All of this is just to say that I have found the perfect way to wake up in the morning. There is no better way to wake up then to the sounds of a babbling baby. Isaac has taken to waking up in the morning and spending some quality time with the animals on his mobile. Brad and I lay in bed and listen as he wakes up, scoots around, and then finally begins the conversation. Eventually he gets frustrated that they don't talk back and that's our cue to get ourselves out of bed. But I have to say that the first morning he slept through the night and woke up babbling was one of the best mornings of my life. I still wouldn't call myself a morning person, but it is definitely getting easier!
Megan

1 comment:

revmomof3 said...

There is nothing better than the sound of your baby babbling away! Such a great noise to wake up hearing!