Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Spirit, she’s amovin

One of the great things about God is the fact that you never know what’s going to come your way day in and day out. I love how I can come to church and have absolutely nothing on my plate for the day and plan on getting some much needed paperwork done, only to find out that the Spirit is moving and God has plans that I did not even know existed. Take today for example. Out of nowhere, I was able to meet two guys from The General Board of Global Ministries spending about two hours with them at the church and over lunch. We talked about mutual friends who are doing amazing work as well as discussing plans for a very exciting and innovative conference/summit/gathering that hopefully will occur in Columbia around May of next year. It was refreshing, to think yet again about the fact that our calling as Christians is so much larger than just what we see in front of our eyes in our own community. And to think, I thought today was going to be boring.

No comments: