Friday, December 5, 2008

Things are looking up!

Our little man is doing so well. He is out of the incubator and out from under the blue light and back in his bassinet. As of 11:00 tonight they will completely take him off of the IV that he’s been on since Wednesday around noon. If his sugar levels stay on track overnight and into tomorrow then we will get to start looking at possibly bringing him home soon. He is really starting to take to feeding from Megan, which is huge. Megan has been such a champion about doing everything she can to get him up to speed health-wise. She breastfeeds, which normal takes like an hour to get to the nursery, to get him ready, to feed, to keep him alert and then to get him back settled down. Then she pumps, which takes thirty minutes or so. She rests for an hour or so and then starts the whole process over again. Her motherly nature is starting to kick in, and although it is hard sometimes, she pushes right through and gets it done, whatever ‘it’ may be. I am so proud of her. I can’t imagine going through anything like this with anyone other than her. She’s my hero.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Lord! I am so proud of both of you, or should I say all three. I love you all so much.
Kathy, Mom, Grandma

Claire said...

So glad to hear that Isaac is doing better! I keep checking this blog for updates and I love all of the pics. He's so cute!!! Megan and Brad, you both look great. Megan, serious props on the breastfeeding- it is not easy!!! We're praying for you!!! Love, Claire, Taylor and Tavener